Monday, December 7, 2009

Cheer in the most unexpected places!!!

Ok, I'm apologizing in advance for all the christmas themed posts that will likely wind up here. I know it's not 'cool' to love christmas. But i LOVE it with a vehement passion. Soooo much about christmas makes me smile, so it's bound to trickle down to these posts.

anyways.

Last night around 11pm I got on a city bus to take me about 5 mins to my place. (cold + lazy.) What did I discover? The entire bus had been DECORATED FOR CHRISTMAS!!! (yes. im so excited about this i'm yelling.) Red and green balloons were tied to each pole, the front area around the driver was awash with gold and red, fake poinsettas and tinsel garlands. And best of all, the bus driver himself - full of Christmas cheer - was making every passenger take a piece of candy out of a basket when they boarded. And all this on top of usually finding montreal's bus drivers downright surly. not cheerful!!!

It was amazing. I dont know what at that moment could have made me happier...

... and then 30s later i realized I'd taken the bus going in the wrong direction. But i couldnt help feel that somehow fate had intervened and put me on that bus. so i could see it, and smile, and then bring it to you. and you can smile. And that's a whole lot more smiling than if I'd just taken the RIGHT bus in the first place.


holiday hugs to you all :)


sorry for the super crap picture.
I took it on my super crap phone.

No comments: